We welcome you to apply or refer friends and family for the following career openings we have available:
Brick and Natural Stone Foreman
About A-1 Contractors:
A-1 Contractors is a concrete, natural stone, and brick paving company that has been in business since 1989. We believe in hiring employees that show value, integrity, and commitment in order to enhance our customer experience through quality work and great customer service. We are looking for team members that will enhance our working environment with a positive attitude and dedication.
· Demolition of existing structures using the available equipment and proper safety materials.
· Perform layout and shoot elevations as needed.
· Excavation and gravel base installation for all new paving areas.
· Frame, reinforce and pour concrete grade beams and stoops/stairs to job specifications.
· Installation of brick pavers, natural stone pavers, treads, and stone and brick vertical masonry.
· Evaluate the work throughout the process. Identify and address all potential issues in a timely manner.
· Efficiently complete paver and stone repairs.
· Utilize company machinery and equipment to create a high quality product efficiently.
· Complete accurate paperwork daily documenting production. Foreman is responsible for completing timesheets at the end of each day.
· Report to management for any materials or construction issues in a timely manner.
· Manage a 3 to 4 man crew to efficiently complete projects on time and to job specifications.
· Take daily photographs of projects and share with management.
Brick and Natural Stone Foreman Skills and Qualifications:
· Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information, Teamwork
· Making decisions and solving problems
· Operating vehicles, machines, and equipment
· Updating and using relevant knowledge
· Reviewing safety and procedure with crew for all equipment prior to use
· Communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates
· Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work to maximize efficiency
· Guiding, directing, and motivating crew members
· Coaching and developing others
· Ability to read and interpret construction plans and documents
· Following company protocols and completing paperwork as required
Pay commensurate with experience
To Apply, Please Contact Dan Egan at (847) 520-1898 or email email@example.com