When deciding to add a patio to your home, it’s always best to hire someone you trust. A-1 Contractors Inc. has been providing beautiful, custom designed, patios to homes all over the Chicagoland area. With our talented, hard working staff, we are sure to create the patio of your dreams.
Patio Design in Glenview
There is so much creativity and imagination that can be implemented when designing your patio. For example, you can add any of the following elements to give your home in Glenview a special flair that can even raise the value of your home:
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Walks & Steps
- Seat walls
Once you have chosen the different elements you want to add to your patio you can begin to plan on where your patio is being built and the material you want to build your patio out of. A-1 contractors will be there beside you to help you plan and make recommendations, every step of the way. Here are some of the things you should think about before installing your custom patio:
Steps to planning your patio:
- Establish how big of an area you want to cover
- What kind of material do you want to use to build your patio?
- What are you looking to have on your patio?
Benefits of a Patio
Living in Glenview, Illinois, there are several reasons on why you should add a patio to your home. Here are some of the top benefits to adding a patio to your home.
- Get use out of your backyard:
When having a patio in your yard, it gives you more options for activity. Dinner outside, a fire pit for roasting marshmallows and a foundation for a hot tub. Your options are endless when you work with A-1 Contractors Inc. Our experience and knowledge building custom patios in Glenview is something you can always rely on.
- Designed to make a statement:
There is so much creativity that can be put into designing your patio. Every patio is different, different shapes, materials, layout, etc. The best place to start is to discuss what you’re looking to do with your patio and designing it to be the most efficient.
- Increasing value to your home:
Adding a patio to your home is affordable, but it can add more worth to your home. Potential buyers will be more willing to buy a home with a patio, than a home without one. Some buyers will be more willing to pay more for a house with a patio. It gives your home an upper hand when selling.
- Spacious for entertaining friends and family:
Whether it’s having a birthday or graduation party in the backyard, or just having a few friends over for dinner. Having a patio can create a unique dining experience for all of your guest. We all know, living in Glenview, our nice weather is limited. It’s best to spend any nice day outside as much as possible.
Patio Construction Glenview
This is the fun part. A-1 Contractors always enjoys working with their customers, helping them and guiding them on how to build their patios. We are constantly amazed at the level of creativity and inspiration our customers come up with. Here are the most common patio building materials that people living in Glenview, Illinois have utilized.
- Can be more expensive than bricks and concrete
- Limestone is known to be the strongest and often used for edging
- Most common are flagstone or fieldstone
- Wide variety of colors and textures
- Very strong and stain resistant
- Sealants can help prevent fading
- Made of clay or concrete and aggregate dyed to look like brick
- Available in a variety of colors and styles with interlocking patterns. Some concrete varieties dyed to look like brick
- Seal concrete pavers to retain color
- Very strong and durable
- Made a mold concrete with aggregate
Weather and other elements can cause damage to your patio, causing cracks or loose bricks in the foundation. Failure to addressing these issues can cause more damage and unsafe conditions for your family and friends.